Landing pages are an essential element in the natural referencing of your website. Through optimized, landing pages generate high quality traffic that increases the number of conversions. In addition, they help to improve the general positioning of your website in search engines.
What is a landing page?
A landing page is a targeted and optimized page that deals with a specific topic. It was developed around certain keywords, usually from the long-tail variant. The purpose of a landing page is to encourage natural referencing. Therefore, it must contain a large amount of optimized text. The landing page is a gateway to your website that draws visitors in with a well-referenced page before taking appropriately placed calls-to-action to the rest of your website, including the purchase tunnel.
The creation of landing pages is based on the idea that consumers consult the internet and learn online before deciding on a product or service. Therefore, Google searches are often tied to purchase intent. The landing page creation methodology revolves around meeting the needs of potential customers by offering your company’s services through optimized landing pages. Search engine queries are a significant financial problem for businesses and a potential source of potential prospects.
Landing pages in your web marketing strategy
The landing page design can be customized for specific e-marketing devices such as email campaigns, marketing automation, and search engine advertising (SEA) campaigns. The purpose of a landing page is to welcome the user to your website by using detailed and comprehensive content created as per keyword research. Landing pages not only lead your visitors to buy, but also improve the overall positioning of the website on search engine results pages.
AdWords campaigns and landing pages
Optimized and efficient landing pages are essential for a Google AdWords campaign. Decent landing pages increase your Quality Score and thus lower the cost of clicking on your ads. In SEA, an optimized list of keywords is linked to advertised Google AdWords ads. These are the sponsored links that appear in the first search results. The goal of an SEA campaign is to improve the ratio of the impression rate to the number of effective clicks on qualified keyword feature ads.
In the first step, relevant keywords are defined according to the objectives and positioning of the company. There are three options:
- The broad match keyword that can reach large numbers of internet users but doesn’t necessarily generate qualified traffic.
- The exact phrase that takes into account all searches that contain the selected keyword only the keyword.
- This last option significantly reduces the print rate, but creates more qualified traffic.
In the second step, you define the bids that will be assigned to each keyword or keyword group and create the corresponding landing pages by taking care of SEO optimization.
Essential elements for a good landing page
Text isn’t the only priority when creating landing pages. The design of the pages is also very important.
- Landing pages are often the first view the user has of your website. For the sake of your image, it’s important to make a good impression.
- Landing pages must meet the requirements of responsive design and be easily accessible on mobile devices.
- In addition, the design must make it easier to read. A landing page usually contains a lot of text, so a clear and legible layout is crucial.
- Calls-to-action must stand out and get noticed, the purpose of a landing page is to lead the visitor into the buying phase.
- Conversion is the ultimate goal of a landing page. Remove any elements that might distract the visitor from the conversion.
Landing pages and SEO strategy
The content of landing pages should meet Google’s SEO standards. The search engine uses many criteria to determine the relevance of a website based on a certain keyword. Hence, it is necessary to create landing pages in conjunction with these standards to make it easier for the first search results to be scanned and to drive traffic to your website. Knowing the basic SEO rules is essential to ensure your website’s performance. Good SEO is a guarantee for visibility, traffic, acquisition of qualified leads and lead generation. You can’t consider a digital strategy without setting up search engine optimization for your landing pages.